Deadline for applications is Feb 1st.
KCC offers bursary awards for applicants from Kildare.
Kildare County Council Arts Service Bursary Awards 2017
THE 2017 – 2018 LABAN GUILD CREATIVE DANCE LEADERS COURSE - A RESOURCE FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE In conjunction with Kildare County Council Arts Service
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, FEBRUARY 1st 2017 at 12 noon
All applications to: Ann Ward, Courses Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the course?
This highly acclaimed 150 hour CPD course runs over 12 week ends. It is mainly practical and covers the basics of movement analysis, teaching styles and strategies and dance making for groups. The dance work is creative and has the potential to improve personal dance performance and to develop leadership skills. It may be applied to many areas of professional life such as dance, drama, work in the creative arts, education, teaching in general, therapy and social work.
What is the cost?
The cost of each course, comprising 150 hours, 12 week ends of mainly practical study, led by highly experienced tutors and including assessment fees, tutorial advice and course manuals, is individually calculated for each venue. This will be set by Kildare Co. Co. Arts Service. It may be paid in stages over the first half of the course. Additional to that will be a registration fee of €90.00 to the Laban Guild, including two years membership and termly on-line magazines.
VENUE and DATES: These are arranged in conjunction with the host agency.
The Deadline for application: Wednesday 1st February at 12noon.
The venue will MCAULEY PLACE Arts and Culture Centre, Naas, Co. Kildare..
Courses can only be arranged when there are sufficient applicants to make them financially viable. The Guild receives no external funding and, as a Charity, is not allowed to make
more than a set proportion of fees, to be put back into training. If the course can go ahead, it will run between March 2017 and May 2018.
What does it entail?
THIS 150 hr PART TIME COURSE WILL –
- Provide a philosophical framework of principles, based on Laban’s Analysis of Movement, on which you can found your work.
- Help you to recognise and articulate the movement skills essential for realising the creative potential for dance in yourself and others.
- Help you to develop practical dance skills.
- Foster the development of emotional intelligence.
- Promote a commitment to inclusivity – Dance is for Everyone.
- Provide experience of, and information on, various teaching styles and strategies.
- Provide information on relevant current legal requirements.
ALL THESE SKILLS ARE TRANSFERABLE TO YOUR OWN AREA OF PRACTICE.
THE COURSE WILL ENHANCE THE WORK OF:
- Teachers in the education system who wish to improve their dance skills and gain confidence in delivering the requirements of the National Curriculum
- Dancers who wish to acquire teaching/leadership skills
- Dance teachers who wish to develop a more creative approach in their work
- Drama teachers who wish to extend their movement and dance skills
- Social or Care workers who wish to use movement and dance
- Community Arts workers who wish to extend their movement and dance skills
- Therapists who wish to learn more about Laban Analysis and creative movement
This is not a course for beginners. All applicants must demonstrate some experience of dance or movement AND experience of teaching or community work.
ONLY THOSE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING ALL THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE COURSE WILL RECEIVE THE LABAN GUILD AWARD RECOGNISING THEIR ABILITY TO LEAD LABAN BASED CREATIVE DANCE SESSIONS, BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR INSURANCE TO LEAD SUCH CLASSES AND BE PLACED ON THE LABAN GUILD REGISTER OF LEADERS.
For further information contact the Courses Officer Ann Ward, at email@example.com and check out our website: www.labanguild.org.uk
LABAN GUILD DANCE LEADERS COURSE BURSARY
- Applications are accepted on the official application form only.
- Applicants must be originally from or currently resident in County Kildare.
- The bursary is aimed at people who would not normally participate on the Community Dance course – due to financial circumstances, or perhaps as an emerging artist who is deemed to have potential in the field, or other reasons.
- The bursary award is for the course fees (€1,500) for the Laban Guild Laban Leaders Dance Course in Naas 2017-2018. The bursary does not include meals, travel expenses, accommodation or travel arrangements.
- No cash alternative will be offered and the bursary cannot be passed on to a third party.
- The bursary award will be made on the assumption that the awardee will be successful in his/ her application for the course
- Candidates must be over 18 years of age by 1st February 2017.
- Grant aid provided by Kildare County Council must be acknowledged in all publicity material associated with the project. Council logos are available from the Arts Service. Council reserves the right to publicise the awarding of this bursary award.
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide a short written report to the Arts Service on completion of the project
- Awards will be made by an independent adjudication panel
- All applicants will be advised of Council’s decisions in writing.
- The payment of a grant is not taken as an indication that the equivalent of any grant will be made to the organiser on another occasion.
- All applications must be accompanied by:
- A current biography and/ or cv, outlining details of career to date
- A declaration of other grants or other assistance received or sought.
- An outline of how they expect this course to further their work.
Further queries about the application should be made to the Arts Service.
Email or faxed applications will NOT be considered. Please send THREE COPIES of completed application forms and one copy of any support material to:
Kildare County Arts Service, Riverbank, Main Street, Newbridge, Co. Kildare
For further information:
Tel: 045-448318; Fax: 045-432490 ; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
CLOSING DATE : 12 noon, Wednesday 1st of February 2017