This is a unique knowledge sharing event to help developing countries. It will be of interest to individuals and organisations who want to identify ways in which we can help those less fortunate than ourselves. Learn what you can do to help at this unique event hosted by the Thomond region.
Our speakers and topics
- "VITA - Enabling sustainable livelihoods in rural East Africa" - Dermot Byrne Chartered Engineer and Fellow of Engineers Ireland - President of Engineers Ireland 2016-2017 and Chairman of the Board of VITA - "Providing Food and Energy Production through Agriculture"
- Niamh Mulqueen - Corporate Relations Director with Bóthar - "Worthwhile Humanitarian Development"
- Sr Miriam Duggan - a Franciscan Missionary Sister for Africa and a Limerick native. Sr Miriam is a Medical Doctor who has worked in various African countries since 1969 who is currently working with disadvantaged youth. Sr Miriam is currently in Kenya so her presentation, specially prepared for this event, will be on DVD and played on the night.
- "Go by Giving, Give by Going" - Michael Doorly - Head of Education, Concern Worldwide.
- "Social Engineering" - Oliver O'Loughlin Chartered Engineer and Fellow of Engineers Ireland - Chairman of Missionvale Ireland Charitable Trust.
Admission is free and all are welcome. Due to venue constraints, places are however limited to 100 so advance booking is required using this link provided.